Classes and Schedules
Belmont Cooperative Nursery School offers drop-off programs for children ages 2 years and 9 months to 5 years old, as well as, a program for children, ages 1 year and 9 months to 2 years and 9 months old, and their caregivers.
Central to all of our programs is the belief that children are naturally curious and it is their curiosity that drives them to learn, think deeply and contribute powerfully to their own educational experiences.
For the 2017/18 school year our programming will be as follows:
Preschoolers (for children 2 years 9 months to 3 years 11 months old by 9/1/18):
- The Preschoolers are in groups of 15 children with 2 Co-Lead Teachers, 1 Assistant Teacher, and a parent helper. This program is available in 2 different schedules.
- 3 Day Maple Class – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, from 9am-12pm
- 3 Day Oak Class – Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings, from 9am-12pm
Pre-Kindergarten (for children 4 years old and up by 9/1/18):
- The Pre-Kindergarten children are in a group of 20 children with 2 Co-Lead Teachers, 1 Assistant Teacher, and a parent helper. The program is available 4 days a week, with an optional 5th day:
- 4 Day Birch – Monday through Thursday mornings, from 9am-12pm.
- 4 Day Birch Optional 5th day – Friday morning, from 9am-12pm
Lunch Bunch (for children 2 years 9 months old and up by 9/1/18):
- The Lunch Bunchers are in a mixed-age group of 12 to 15 children with 2 to 3 Lead Teachers, which will vary based on enrollment. Sign-up in advance is strongly encouraged, but we will accept day of sign-ups if space is available.
- Lunch Bunch – Monday through Friday afternoons, from 12-2:30pm
Stay and Play (for children ages 1 year 9 months to 2 years 9 months old with a caregiver by 9/1/18)*:
- The Stay and Play children are in a group of 8 children along with their caregivers. The class is facilitated by a BCNS faculty member, and it is available 1 day a week in a series of 3, 10 week sessions.
- Thursdays mornings from 9:15-10:45am
- Stay and Play Session 1 - 9/27/18-12/13/18 (no class on 11/22 because of Thanksgiving)
- Stay and Play Session 2 - 1/3/19-3/14/19 (no class on 2/21)
- Stay and Play Session 3 - 3/21/19-5/30/19 (no class on 4/18)
- * Please note that a minimum of 4 families will be required to run this program. You will be contacted 2 weeks prior to the start of a particular session to confirm that it will run as planned.